Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Stories at Bedtime with Daddy

Joel has been reading a bedtime story to Emily for a few years now right before prayer time. She loves it & if, for whatever reason, he's out late & can't do it she always asks me "can daddy read me my story when he gets home?" - very sweet. She'll let me read her story in his absence, but always asks if he will too later. Since Jon's bedtime has been a bit earlier than Em's he had not been a part until recently. Just a few nights ago as Joel was tucking him in Jon asked if daddy would read him a story. So...he got to come listen in on one in big sister's bed. Looks like he's decided it's time he's in on the tradition too. As I was listening in on the story I couldn't help but snap a picture of it.

2 comments:

KLJ said...

This is too precious Casey. It's something they will look back on and remember. I love seeing our men make these lasting memories with their children.

Elaine said...

I remember you saying that Emily and Daddy have a tradition of reading her bedtime story. She will never forget this time...neither will he. Precious picture!