Don't get me wrong. I don't totally despise this adoration of teachers played out. It just wears on a mom when it's done so very consistently. I'm a good mom...I even become part of her imaginary class several times a week.
The "Hero Worship" blog post title comes from something Joel wrote on the questionnaire her teacher had us fill out this year. He wrote something like "don't be surprised if Emily hero worships you." It made me laugh, so I borrowed it for this.
Here are some pictoral examples of Emily in action. This first one is her blowing her imaginary whistle to get the attention of her imaginary class. (There is not a real whistle in this photo because I value both my sanity and my hearing.) I do like how it accentuates her dimple.
This next one is her yelling at one of the children in her imaginary class who is not following directions. She looks very focused, doesn't she?
This brings us to the question of if there is anyone that Jonathan "hero worships." The answer is...yes, garbage men...not to the level that Emily is dedicated to perfecting her inner teacher, but he does think they are pretty stinking cool (no pun intended). We played outside this morning & stayed out long enough to watch them come by our house. Joel photographed him waving to the garbage man who very politely waved back.
One day I heard quite a racket in his room. I went to check on him & he informed me he was playing garbage man. He'd been grabbing & throwing his toys to one spot that was the garbage truck. He would then run over & grab onto his play easel like it was the back of the truck. He even threw his back leg out. I asked him why he was doing that & he told me it was like what the garbage men do. If you ever watch them in action they do usually leave one foot dangling off the back of the truck. He's a very observant little guy!
2 comments:
Well, I think you have a little teacher in Emily. Loved hearing about it. And do you think Jon will be a garbage man? ;) They are certainly needed. Great pictures and always love hearing about your life!
this makes me smile.
I wanted to be a garbage man when I was little, too.
Post a Comment