Friday, January 7, 2011

Little Chef

Jonathan loves to help me in the kitchen. He's a real little chef and very helpful too. He is really good at stirring things thoroughly and loves to chop up veggies for me with his kid knife (after I've done most of the work). One day I told him to smell what we were cooking & instead of just taking a whiff, he leaned forward slightly & wafted the odor to his nose with his hand. He'd seen this demonstrated on one of his favorite movies, Ratatouille (about a mouse that discovers he is a chef at heart). This is a photo of him chopping up some peppers and onions for a King Ranch casserole. He asked for the sunglasses to help keep his eyes from hurting from the onions & the candle is a trick I learned from Martha Stewart for the same purpose.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Love this picture! How great that he likes to cook. Sounds like he may be a chef one day. I would go to his restaurant. :)

Unknown said...

I would too Elaine. I love the sun glasses! :)

javascript:void(0)Joel said...

I would go too Elaine. I love the fact he is wearing sun glasses! :)