Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring is Near

Each year about this time there are trees that start blooming beautiful white blossoms. They only keep these blossoms for about a week or two before they fall off & green leaves grow in their place. They make me happy & signal the coming of spring to me. When we first got married the apartment complex we lived in had tons of these trees. When we moved into our house I was happy to discover that a house on our street a few doors down has a huge one of these trees in their front yard. Today Jon & I walked down there & took some photos of it. The first one is my photo. The last 3 are Jon's photos he took with the camera he got for his birthday (thanks Aunt Kerry & Uncle Jeff). My photo gives you perspective on the size of the tree since Jon's in the bottom of it. Jon's photo give you nice detail of the blossoms themselves. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Love the pictures. I took some pictures this week I am going to post on my blog too. You BOTH did a good job! Tell Jon I loved his pictures with his new camera. :)

Leslie said...

It's a Bradford pear tree. Your pictures and Jon's are very nice.