Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fall Pumpkins 2012


Today was a nice rainy fall day with temps that actually fell out of the 90 degree range we had been experiencing.  So it seemed a perfect day to go select and paint our fall family of pumpkins.  It's an annual tradition in our house.  This year everyone got to pick their own pumpkin out.  At home we painted and embellished them however each person wanted.  Joel went with a fall farm scene - blue sky, clouds, fall trees & a barn.  I really liked the natural look of my pumpkin before painting so I just added some simple leaves & a "C" for Casey.  The finishing touch was little tiny sparkles glued on because they just made it happier.  Emily went mixed different paints together until she got the right shade of green & went to town.  She glued an acorn top to the top of her stem.  Jon went blue all the way & he wanted to add googly eyes and a sparkly smile.  Kat just had fun painting on any color we put on her pallet.

This year Jon has been collecting acorns.  He loves them & comes home from school each day with several in his pockets that he found at recess.  He came up with the idea to paint some along with our pumpkins this year.  I think it turned out really great & added an additional fall feel to it all.  And, of course, my stuffed farmer bear (that Nathanael brought me years ago) is happy right in the middle.   The wood tray it is all sitting on was my Grandma's.  I love it - it has carved leaves on it & always makes me smile each year when I bring it out to help us celebrate the fall season. 

Now - bring on the cooler weather!

No comments: