Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Father Daughter Dinner & Dance

Emily and Joel got to attend the annual Father Daughter Dinner & Dance put on by our church last Friday evening.  This event could easily be renamed "the day Emily most looks forward to, second only to  her birthday each year" - no joke.  But then what girl would not want to have a new pretty dress and jewelry to wear, have her hair fixed all fancy, and get to wear just a touch of makeup.  And then get to spend time alone with her Daddy in a fancy place.  Pretty epic for a little lady.  I know Joel also enjoys these days, knowing they are fleeting.  I'm thankful as a mom that she has such a great example of how to be valued and treated.  It may just be one of this momma's favorite days of the year too. ;-) 

Looking good and ready to go!
I'm pretty proud of how her hair turned out this year.  I have boredom on an ice day to thank for this.  We searched online for how-to videos for easy up-dos and stumbled on this gem.  Love it! 
They were given conversation questions to discuss over dinner.
Having a great time together.
Emily ran into her friend Lynen at the dance too.

No comments: