Jonathan LOVES bugs. Loves, loves them! He even told me one day that he likes to find bugs so he can protect them & make sure they are safe. When we take walks in our neighborhood he will often request a bowl to take along to collect all the doodle bugs he finds. I'm not too big on the bug thing, but since having a boy I'm slowly warming up to the idea. I can at least appreciate that HE thinks they are amazing. One day while weeding our little flower bed I pulled up a deep weed & up came a long garden snake. I held back my freak out scream & instead told Jon to check out the cool snake I'd found. We had to make sure we put him somewhere safe so Jon knew the snake would be OK before we went back inside.Last Sunday on the way into church he found a doodle bug on the sidewalk. I told him it was OK to pick it up & bring it in with us. He spent the first half of church watching it & playing with it. I love this picture. He really enjoyed his time with his new friend. The bug did end up crawling away, probably under the seat. So we left him in the sanctuary to enjoy the air conditioning. Maybe we'll find him waiting for his 4 year old friend again this Sunday. I'm trying to take in his wide-eyed fascination with the world around him while it's still so fresh and big. I know as he grows, the world will loose some of it's wonder and awe, but for now it's refreshing to see it through his eyes.
1 comment:
He and Colette need to get together. One day she put a bug she found in a doll house. :) She loves bugs too.
Post a Comment