Friday, July 29, 2011

The High Chair

Today marks the day of officially saying goodbye to something that's been a part of our home for the last 7 years...the high chair. I actually got pretty emotional about the whole thing (ask Joel if you don't believe me). I know it's just a big piece of plastic and metal that is frequently hiding pieces of food that slip behind the cover unnoticed only to be discovered in fossilized form later. But it is also the place that I fed all three of my babies many of their first foods. It's where each of them were sung "happy birthday" for the first time and had their first messy bites of cake. It's the place that I brought them countless meals. And it's the place where all 3 sat when they were so little around the table as we talked and laughed. So, yes, I'm a little sad...so there.

On the flip side it is hard to clean and kinda large. Most recently (and also the deciding factor to go ahead and pass it on) Katherine has learned how to press the release levers to make the tray fall off along with any food that was up there too. So I do have that to take the emotional edge off a bit. ;-)

Emily eating her 1st birthday cake.

Jonathan having his first bites of rice cereal.

Katherine with a messy face full of black bean dip.

1 comment:

KLJ said...

This is awesome...I almost cried reading it.