Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Chicago!

Joel and I got to go to Chicago recently.  My best friend from middle & high school, Jasleen, has lived up there since college.  I made it up there once to visit while she was still in college, but haven't been back up since.  I've been wanting to go back with Joel and we finally were able to make it happen this past June.  It was a great visit made even more awesome because we had fantastic trip planners in Jasleen & her husband, Geoff.  We just got to enjoy the sights and food.  And the weather was beyond amazing.  It was a welcome break from the Texas heat we gladly left behind for a few days.

Joel brought his awesome camera & captured tons of truly great photos.  So many that I can't include them all.  Here are a selected few from our long weekend in the windy city.

The beautiufl city skyline from Lincoln Park.
 Inside the Art Institute.  Such an amazing museum.  If I lived there I would have to become a member.
 Me & Jazzy.
 In front of the iconic Bean.
 Inside the Shedd Aquarium.  I think seahorses are one of God's coolest creature creations.
 In the Field Museum of Natural History by Sue the most complete T Rex ever found.
 On the 103rd floor of the Sears tower.  In a glass box portruding from the side of the building.  Very cool.
 And our last few hours in the city.  Glad I got to be in the sand for a few minutes.  Always makes me happy.

No comments: