Friday, July 5, 2013

Fantastically Fun Forth

We were invited to a laid back, lake side celebration for the 4th this year.  It was really, really fun.  We all had a great time, but Jonathan especially did.  I think it will probably be one of those memories from his childhood that will live on in infamy for the rest of his life.  There was swimming, sparklers, fireworks, popsicles, glow sticks, fishing, friends and food.  Thank you again, Monica & Andrew, for the invitation and your warm hospitality.  You made our holiday very memorable.

Jonathan told me earlier in the week that dad was definitely going to take his camera & take lots of pictures.  I told him I thought maybe he might just go & relax.  Then I quickly changed my prediction realizing it was the 4th and that snapping great photo ops is uber relaxing for him.  I'm glad he did too because he got these great shots.

 CapriSuns were served - a must for a successful kid time  ;-)
 Father & son taking in the view of the lake.
Jonathan getting to hold the fishing rod.
 Checking out the catch.
 Sparklers!
 Popsicles!
The sunset was beautiful.
 Roman candles (aka boy heaven)
 Em got in on the action too.
 Fireworks!  It was extra nice seeing their reflection on the water.
 And wrapping up the night with glowstick necklaces & more sparklers in the dark.  Nice.

No comments: