Saturday, July 13, 2013

Summer Lemonade Stand

The kids have been asking to have a lemonade stand for several weeks now.  We had no plans this afternoon so we gave it a go.  I drew the block letters & they colored and decorated the signs.  They helped mix up the lemonade and we sat out for a few hours in the shade of our tree. 

I prepped them that if they just got 1 or 2 customers that would be a pretty good day.  They ended up selling to 13 customers & made $9.  We only asked 25 cents a glass, but most people gave them a dollar or more.  The moral of the story: being a cute kid is a big help when trying to sell stuff. 

Childhood memories being made while the kids were entertained for a few hours and I got to sit still...a good afternoon in my book!  And it was pretty precious seeing them light up with excitement every time a car would stop to buy a glass or 2. 
 

No comments: